• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job. Congrates on a fine buck!

Spot and stalk Mulies is great fun and can be extremely tough! That's my prefered method, wheither high alpine with bow or desert sage with bow or muzzy. Great fun!

That's a very nice animal congrats on the stalk and end results, it is a bit confusing, untill now I though those Idaho deer required a peep sight and modern bullets to kill them properly :grin:

tg said:
That's a very nice animal congrats on the stalk and end results, it is a bit confusing, untill now I though those Idaho deer required a peep sight and modern bullets to kill them properly :grin:

Hey TG, BITE ME! You are real funny :barf:
Lets see a trophy buck you have killed.
So why do you always want to start a fight? You have nothing better to do with you life? Try to get one. Ron

Good job IDPRB!

Nicely done.

I stalked up on a bedded buck once while bowhunting and had just got into a good shooting position when one of the does with him blew up and the woods were full of bouncing whitetails. Never got off the arrow, but I can still remember the thrill of closing in from about 75 to 25 yards moving like a glacier and watching that big rack turn from side-to-side. 25 years later I could take you to that spot and put a finger where that buck lay bedded.

Such is hunting. Glad for you it ended with more than great memories. Congratulations!

Note to self: send tg a bottle of scotch for Christmas

"Hey TG, BITE ME! You are real funny
Lets see a trophy buck you have killed"

I don't recall talking or mentioning you... or making very rude comments to you, perhaps you may be the one to take a look at their life and how it allows them to deal with others?

Below is one pic of a Blactail which measuered around 120, the ML book requires 105 to enter I believe, I have a couple of others that are in the 110-115 range one was stolen the other has been posted hewre as a Euro mount before if you care to look it up, I generaly don't hunt for horns but don't pass then up either, now and the bug bites me ( didn't bite you like you requested, sorry) and I will look for a big one the first part of the season then fill with a doe if things don't work out, sometimes I don't see a doe and end up with nothing, but that is a possibility when I make the choice, I could increase my odds with modern sights and bullets and get an edge in range out to 150-200 yds but I would rather take the challenge of useing traditional gear and getting closer and I have complete faith in the PRB. I also have a nice 5x5 Elk on the wall .50 prb under 50 yds but I am not going to take all the hats and other stuff that it has collected over the last 20 years,just to take a pic have a good day, and next time you visit your doctor ask him about prosac... :v

bk.jpg

Blacktail :haha:
Nothing like killing tiny mule deer and calling them something else. In all honesty you might do better if you did not wear a purple dress while hunting. Next time you talk to your Gynecologist have him do something about your pi$$y attatude. Ron

I have no interest in playing mine is bigger than yours with a non traditional ML hunter, you will need to find someone else to play that game with, I doubt that the forum has much interest in this either.BTW many professionl hunters/outdoor writers consider the Blacktail one of the hardest to take a trophy buck due to the habitat they live in.At any rate I am finished with you and your foolishness.

tg said:
I have no interest in playing mine is bigger than yours with a non traditional ML hunter, you will need to find someone else to play that game with, I doubt that the forum has much interest in this either.BTW many professionl hunters/outdoor writers consider the Blacktail one of the hardest to take a trophy buck due to the habitat they live in.At any rate I am finished with you and your foolishness.

You started it not me. I was no part of it you drug me into it.
I am not interested in arguing with a guy in a mini skirt.
By the way a 30" mule deer is the toughest trophy.
I wish you were finished I have been finished with you a long time ago. leave me alone and I wil leave you alone. Ron

Idaho PRB, once again congrats on a nice hunt and I salute your choice of traditional gear, hope you have many more like this and I appologize for my part in taking the thread on a downhill slide, though I will always toss jabs at the non-traditional ways on this forum, my best to you and yours and keep up the good work.

Back