• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you take a shot and the deer make you work for it after that it is so much more satisfying than just track track there is the deer. Good Job....makes you appreciate the track track there the deer too. Thanks for sharing.

And that is the best part of the hunt, reliving it every time a meal is made from it.

My daughter 21yo, came to help with the drag, one because she likes this stuff, and two cause I had to get it across that stream. The stream was about 4-5 feet across, with a steep 3 foot bank on each side. She really loves to hunt and be outdoors, but god bless her, she works her tail off. Anyway, whenever I can, I tell her about the hunt and let her take up the track, she went right past the doe also, but I didn't make her go up the ravine and into the cedars, I just called her back and said "look around". She got it. The same as if she were by herself in this situation, she'd have figured it out.

She skinned it last night, and now I'm thinking I should have left the hide on, its frozen solid. I moved it into the garage at 48 deg. Maybe tomorrow it'll be thawed enough to cut up. :grin:

Still have a tag or two, and 5 days left to use them. We'll see.

There's nothing like getting a deer with a flintlock. Congratulations. As for the old clothes tradition, I'm not superstitious about what I wear; It's very unlucky to be superstitious. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back