• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my left over tag!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
November 12th-16th i will be chasin a cow elk through the southern rockies! I live close to Stonewall colorado so i'll be hunting some areas around there on public land.

Should be nice'N cold and drive the elk down to me!

Sounds like something to look forward to! :thumbsup:

So give up the weapon details so we can live vicariously... gun, load? :grin:

i was thinking about that either sex tag up in gunnison and then i thought about the cold, DEEP snow they have up there :haha: Same for my unit up in the mountains but its next to a large elk wintering ground.

I'll be thinking of you in your cold snow, while I'm in my t-shirt on my AZ Oct cow elk hunt. :haha: Good luck on your Colorado elk hunt and nail a big one. :thumbsup:

Still a few left that interest me but time is so short. I may go for one of the leftover ml doe tags that would be easy to hit with a couple of day hunts.

got mine too, can not wait for the opening day, less than a month away. good shooting everybody, get them with your best shot!! :thumbsup:

Well, I sprung for a left over ML doe tag for a unit close to town. Not the unit I wanted, but my archery deer tag is either sex so that means my second tag has to be list "B"

Bow season opens on 8/30 so it won't be long now.

Hey Laufer, how do you like this weather?? Snow down to 9500 ft :) Can't wait to get out there. Hope the heat doesn't come back. :(

feels like hunting season already with this weather down here. One huge storn yesterday and we're having another right now. Its cool though, fog has dropped down into our canyon and gives it that extra hunting season feeling. Only i am supposed to be out cutting firewood. Cant do that in this rain.

The Baron said:
Sounds like something to look forward to! :thumbsup:

So give up the weapon details so we can live vicariously... gun, load? :grin:

I'll be using 2 rifles and switching them out every other day depending on the action i see, if any!

.54 CVA Mountain Rifle, 100gr Pyrodex RS, Double .015 patch and a homecast .530 round ball cast from pure lead.
Untitled-1copy.jpg

Untitled-2copy.jpg

Loc: Colorado
08/19/08 08:45 AM - Post#603313
In response to marmotslayer

it did not snow in my area, just a lot of rain, to make things preeety for demo(n)crats visiting for the convention

Har Har! Maybe it washed up some of those homeless people who did not want to go to the zoo. :rotf:

Back