• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOT MY PEDERSOLI FLINTER,,,FROM CHERRY'S!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
AFTER PROBLEMS W/ MY "REPLICA IMPORT" (still w/o mainspring!) i ordered a 50 cal flinter from cherry's, great deal! nice pistol,pretty good trigger pull,shots pretty good,thinkin there's some "pilot error" involved w/ first targets.... only thing was trying to load, using 490 balls and .005 patch most were really hard to start,then went down barrel real easy, can't use a .010 patch ball won't go in. thinking about having barrel coned??? any thoughts? would it help? and balls were factory,guess maybe they're not all the same size?? THANKS FOR ANY INFO/ADVICE!~ RC :thanks: :thanks:

I have noticed the exact same thing on all of my .50 calibre pistols (3)and I also bought the Kentucky Flint Pedersoli from Cherry's. I have used a small rubber mallet to help start the recalcitrant ball using .015 and/or .010 patches without any problems for quite a while now. Once started the ball seats quite easily. I don't know about coning a pistol barrel--- the short length of the barrel needs the whole length of the barrel to get the ball spinning fast enough---I dunno 'bout that much about this, just an opinion :m2c:

I have a slightly undersized hair curler mould that was made by Dixie and the balls go in easily. I could not get the .495s that I use in my rifle to fit at all. Otherwise, I got a pretty good gun for my money.

CS

I bought one of the .50 cal kentucky pistols from Cherry's also. The .495 round ball and patch I use in my rifle is very tight and I have to use a wooden mallet to start. A .490 is just about right. :agree:

Back