• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kuchenreuter pistol review w/ Match tuning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bore from the factory was good but not great. Bore Lapping / polishing and Crown polishing before and after... Not sure if these pictures are enough to tell the difference. With my reading glasses I see the difference. Can you see the change? Why: Crown, Easier to start... Bore, Easier to clean, Easier to load..
Less fouling build up leading to better accuracy with less need to swab even in dryer conditions... This may be the final bit of tuning this pistol needs for best performance. More range time will tell. If you are wondering if this pistol had a unusual amount of problems. No, just typical tuning was needed. Could I have shot this pistol without any of these upgrades? Yes, it worked decently well.Will these upgrades lead to more points in matches? I have no doubt the increased ease of use and comfort will gain points and the accuracy has been upgraded with less likely point of impact shift. Possible point of impact shift due to wedge loosening and wood compression is most likely after a full disassembly with newly tightend screws How many rounds before a confident final sight adjustment and consistent point of impact can be expected? By the first hundred rounds it should be very stable for another five hundred rounds maybe. In my experience but it will change over time even if you don't touch it and must be considered for possible sight adjustment at any future time. ..nsp
20241017_234342.jpg
20241017_232419.jpg

Back