• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my round ball .75 bore Ed Rayl barrel today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guncobbler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
It has been since last November since I ordered but to Ed's credit this is an odd bore size and it was rifled. Ed makes a real nice barrel at very good prices. My 50 cal is much more accurate than I can hold from a bench. Now to work on the rest of the gun. GC

How's it look? I have a barrel on order from Rayl- a 48" 12 ga round barrel with a musket profile. Met him at the CLA show and saw a smoothbore with a 60" barrel- quite an accomplishment.

Looks pretty good. Nice finish inside and out. I will hit it with sandpaper one or two grit sizes smaller than what he used but that's no problem. The barrel is not long but there is a lot of metal in it. Don't expect to find many balls in deer... GC

I ordered a custom barrel from Ed in June. He told me at the time it would be ready in Sept.

Jimbo

Back