• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got myself a doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowkill

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally broke my bad luck streak and got myself a doe. Watched a 6 point chase does all over a field this morning. Had about 6 does around me from all the calling i was doing. I could tale the buck had live bait and was not worried with the deer he could not see so when he left i shot the tenderloin sandwich standing in front of me. about a 60 yard shot.
DSC_0640.jpg

Good shootin' and glad ya had some good luck! That there is a good looking rifle, tell us a little about it, what caliber is it?.

Nice! Grats!

I watched 4 tonight for 20 minutes and almost pulled the trigger myself but I'm still buck huntin and said na... :thumbsup:

Tenderloin sandwich sounds delicious! :thumbsup:
Grats on breaking the streak. :hatsoff:

It is a 50 caL rice swamped barrel, a super shooter. I usually take care of my own deer, but i sent this one off to make sausage out of it.

Pretty work there my friend, congratulations!
:thumbsup:

Were the rifle & pistol made together as a set...both .50cals?

You are sure giving me the itch. I have to wait til the first week of December before I can go muzzleloader hunting in Illinois. That and seeing four "tenderloin sandwiches" outside my window as I'm typing this. It's killing me man.
Congratulations on your deer. Looks like you have a good rifle, too.

I missed the pistol on your left hip. What caliber? Apparently you can use it for a follow-up shot.

It is a 45 cal i got in a trade , i built the rifle myself and am going to build me a matching pistol after season going to put it in the classifieds.

Back