• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

got tags?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
my wife pulled her eather sex elk and doe muzzleloader I got my cow and doe muzzleloader.
hope to call in a bigen for her.
:hatsoff:

Congrats an good luck :thumbsup: I've been on this forum long enough to know I will soon be seeing some pics so get er done :hatsoff:

hoping to call in a chaffee county bull that comes over to Gunny to breed our cows.

DSCF5308.jpg

DSCF6658-1.jpg
:hatsoff:

Wow! and Jimminy Crickets, thats a big bull!! :shocked2: I think I would want a .58 or a .62 at least. Loaded hot!. Of course it would have to be a prb.

Nice, Hope he made it through rifle season. :shocked2:

Made a trip to your country in March to snowmobile and ended up coming home by helicopter with a sheared femur! That said I luckily DID NOT draw a sheep tag. :haha:

Elk in January and ML doe here.

Good luck, I'm betting on your wife having a nice bull in her lap. :thumbsup:

My tags for muzzy cow elk, month of September bear , and doe pronghorn are in the mail, no deer drawn this year. My wife drew doe pronghorn,4th season either sex elk. We'll either make meat or grow beans.

Shoot! My 3 options for CO mule deer didn't pan out. Now I need to find a leftover Elk or Mulie tag from somewhere...anybody have any ideas?

My 3 boys(grown men now) and I all pulled either sex elk tags! One of the boys pulled a Muley buck tag, too. One will fly in from San Francisco, where he works for a dot.com, and the other two will drive up from the front range of CO where they are students. None of them have ever missed elk camp since they were 10 - it is one of the few times we all get together, very special indeed!
Last year we had a mix of either sex, cow, and buck tags. The only tag filled was the buck tag, but everyone still considered the hunt a success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Anderson said:
Shoot! My 3 options for CO mule deer didn't pan out. Now I need to find a leftover Elk or Mulie tag from somewhere...anybody have any ideas?

Keep online with the DOW to see what is available. Also you could call the Hunt Planner, phone # is on the Dow website.

CO leftover list will be on the net in late July and for sale in early August. There should be plenty of options available. :thumbsup:

Got a cow tag. I've been up there a couple of times for mule deer but this is my first for elk. Going with a buddy of mine,packin in on horses. Ought to have a time! Dew

Looking forward to some of your fine photography this fall.

This is a stay at home year for me. I'll be out in 2013 for elk again.

Good luck to you and the missus.

Greg

Greenmtnboy said:
hoping to call in a chaffee county bull that comes over to Gunny to breed our cows.

I don't know Nathan, it looks like that old boy has plenty of company. You are going to have sound like one sexy lil' hussy to get him to go for a stroll. :grin:

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Bull elk in 3a-b here in Arizona. Nice quiet unit no vehicular traffic. I have a friend with pack horses when needed. End of November early December you know were to find me! Luck to you all.

Mike

Latest posts

Back