• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR Wedge wont go..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right you are, Sperit!

It is along standing design practice in the gun world that pins, wedges and such like go "in from the right, out from the left".

White Fox

Glad you got it together, shooting muzzle loaders is a lot of fun. One thing to try to remember is not to converse with others at the range while loading as it is very easy to miss a step, it only took me 5 or 6 times to figure this out and I still have to remember to pay attention so not to get to have the fun of getting a dry ball out.

Drago said:
One thing to try to remember is not to converse with others at the range while loading as it is very easy to miss a step, it only took me 5 or 6 times to figure this out and I still have to remember to pay attention so not to get to have the fun of getting a dry ball out.

Any distraction or change in my routine had/has the same result.

I admit I am a bit worried about my firs dry ball, being a quality / production coach I will probably make a check sheet or card until I get in te habit.

That is when you turn it into a "teaching" moment,," Class,the Lesson for today is,pay attention to what you are doing,,if you don't you could load "dry ball",,now I will demonstrate the steps needed to correct it. :wink:
It will be easier to sell if this is done with confidence and a straight face. :haha:
You know,I planned it that way,look!!!! :)

Been there done that,,Grandson,some sharp kid,second time I dry balled and dropped back in to my "fast thinking recovery mode" "Now kids let Grampy show you,,,,,",9 year old asked,"Did you forget,,you showed us that already'''Quick like a chicken on a June bug,"I said,"Just checking to see if you were paying attention,now show me how to pull the ball"
The four of them looked at each other smiled,mumbling,and pointing.......asked,"Can we say Damn"??? they did pay "close"attention.

Back