• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

graf black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twotoescharlie

40 Cal.
Reaction score
recieved an order yesterday, 8cans 3f, 4cans 2f. this is made in Germany by Wano. has anyone had any experience with this powder? I know it is not swiss,but for someone who informally target shoots,being 70 years old I think this will probably be my last BP purchase.

TTC

I found a discussion about it.

[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum...post/413764/hl/Wano/fromsearch/1/#413764[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your'e optimistic with that 12 lb buy, should last you a good while, I hope for years, hate to see a CSA man go anyways. I just ordered from Grafs myself, half Grafs (1$ lb cheaper) and half Goex. Goex is the last BP mill in the USA I've read. It's good stuff anyway! :thumbsup:

I bought a couple pounds of Wano 3F a few weeks ago, and from my experience, it is good powder. It seems to be more accurate and consistent for my .45 caliber than shooting with 3F Goex. It was also nearly $8 cheaper per pound than the other brands.

Also, when cleaning up after putting several rounds downrange yesterday, I noticed that there was not half the reside left by Wano powder as with Goex.

I would not hesitate to buy more and may I ask you where you purchased it in bulk and how much it was per pound?

Cordially,

Gouge
Western North Carolina

Gouge.

graf and sons, shipped UPS, with shipping and hazmat fee ran about $15.00 a pound, still cheaper than local stuff and also the fake stuff.

TTC

Being from Germany, I certainly use WANO PP bp in my .50 and 54 ML's and I find it a good bp. It makes not so much fouling like Swiss and it is a german product.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Wano PP is my first choice too. :thumbsup:
First tried the "holy" swiss and then came to wano... and prefer wano since that day.

Accuracy isn´t worse than with swiss, wano is cheaper and the residue from wano is softer and I prefer that.

Just a good powder that wano stuff. :)

I just bought 27 Lbs. 3F 2Lbs. of Swiss Null B from Graf. This is Wano Scheutzen Powder same product different can.
I use over a case every year very good powder. :thumbsup:

I've never tried Goex, and buy Grafs in 10 pound lots, reduces the bite of the hazmat fee. Comes out to about $13.50 a pound, when Grafs ships it free. :wink:

I ordered some a while ago, I like it so far, not a whole lot of difference between G O and Grafs in the type of shooting we do. Now the Swiss powder is a whole different animal, It will be the powder of choice for hunting, I can't believe I waited so long to try the swiss.

Back