• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

graphite impregnated patch lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcb_1983

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi
I'm a ML newbie and have been reading the treads on this forum about patch lubes and have had an idea of trying a batch of patches using a beeswax and fat formula that im using with some grahite added to see if there is a precievable gain in accuracy. Does anyone have any input on the subject.

Any info is good info.

regards

I would tend to agree with Mark, and add that the grafite would be something you might want to leave out as it would tend to foul the rifling IMHO.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

:haha: Would prrobaably get your hands all black and icky too. Mamma wouldnt like that.

Thanks for your input I know it would be black and messy but thats not to much worse than being a blacksmith the rest of the time.
I'll give it a miss and try some other lubes to see if they improve my accuracy.

Regards.

I use graphite in my bullet lub. I think that it helps. I don't think that graphite fouls the barrel, the black powder does. I also don't think that the graphite is any more messy than just plain lub.

Olie

Latest posts

Back