• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1eyemountainmen

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot my cow elk today- I'll try and get pics. I dressed it out and i'm going to pack it out after work. I think it's 350-400 pounds should get about 125-150 pounds of meat? Also, saw a bear track in the snow. Shot the elk at 30 yards with a .58cal Hawken made by John Bergman. The bullet went into the neck and came out the ass. I was wearing my buckskin jacket. all-in-all great day

Congrats and can't wait to see the pics! I have two of John's rifles and they are both awesome.

Enjoy!!!

:thumbsup:

Congrats~!!! Im looking forward to the pictures. Tell us more about your gun and load too.

Good job my good man, it's always good to make meat. Waiting on pics. Have you tried the elk horn flask yet, just curious to see if it fits.

I'm hoping you hung the meat high enough up that when you go to pack it out the bear tracks you saw ain't leading away from what's left of your meat! :shocked2:

:grin: you beat me too it...when I do the math, 1 Elk plus 1 Bear = 1 Bear's full stomach.

And...all joking aside...we don't need to "hear about you on the evening news", so you might take someone back in with you who has a steady nerve and .12ga 3" magnum full of 00 buckshot.

Back