• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

great hunt (pic)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have not been hunting ground hogs that much this year. I woke up and decided that I wanted to go so i grabbed the crockett and headed out the door. I rode my bike to a local fresh baled hay field and loaded her up. I walked into the field on a road then went over the big hill and I saw a spot to my right. Then I went back to the bottom of the hill and went back up the hill where the spot was. Well sure enough it was a fat ground hog out in the morning air and now I was only 15 yards away. I decided to make the hunt challenging by sneeking up on it. So i snuck up on it till 10 yds and it turned its head and looked at me. I pulled up quick and shot. After the 2f cleared out of the air I saw my trophy laying there. Thank God for great hunts like this.
32.jpg

Good hunt :thumbsup:. I gave up trying to get a ground hog with my muzzleloader this summer because there aren't that many of them around here unless they're in your yard :shocked2:. August 1st is squirrel season so I think I can wait. But, I think I might cheat and buy a 1 day small game hunting license and drive over to some public land in Missouri on Wednesday or Thursday. I still need to call a state game agent to make sure I can hunt public land being under 18. I think I'll be fine, though.

Nice story. Nice gun. Nice shot. Nice pic. I reckon I 'bout covered it all. Way to go young'un.

Congrats!!!!!! Great stalk!! around here its saying somthing to sneek up that close!!! I love those little rifles, GREAT shot

Far be it of me to put down any exotic Alaskan or African hunting trip, but this young kid's blackpowder hunting adventure in the Back 40 seems to capture all the essential elements of what hunting is, or should be, about. Congrats again.

Back