• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great Plains Set Trigger Screw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ringdove

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My Great Plains Rifle has too much creep in the trigger. I know I read where I can change out the set screw and someone even listed the size screw I need. Evidently I wrote it down wrong (5.5X8mm). Can anyone verify the right size?

Can't help with the screw size, but IMHO, that's got nothing to do with the "creep" you are experiencing. Remove the trigger assembly from the stock and POLISH the tops of the "knives" that come into contact with the trigger sear. Use crocus cloth or a fine stone. That should cure your problem. Do not remove material beyond polishing (i.e. don't reshape AT ALL. If there is a sharp corner, leave it sharp). All you need to do is get rid of any imperfections that will cause "drag" as you engage the trigger. Performed this procedure on both of my GPR's and have no trigger creep.

If I knew you were standing next to me at a shoot, you wouldn't be getting this information. I need every advantage I can get . . . ask me how I know . . .

they are a 2.5x8mm if you have a true value hardware store nearby they carry them in there metric screw section

I found the proper screw, installed it. Problem resolved - no trigger creep- chrisp as can be!!! :grin:

Latest posts

Back