• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Arkansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Charlie

32 Cal.
Reaction score
For those who know Arkansas, I live in Rogers. My interest in muzzleloading is relatively recent. A few months back, I was a local public shooting range. A gentleman there and I started chatting about firearms in general as we waited our turn for a lane. Our tastes were nearly identical except for BP. I had never fired a BP firearm. That day, he had a 1970's vintage Thompson Centerfire rifle with him. Beautiful firearm. He offered to let me shoot a round through it, and I was hooked after doing so. This weekend I finished building a Traditions Kentucky rifle kit. It'll be a few days before I can try it at the range. I know these kits don't get much respect, but that's fine by me. I built it to be a shooter, not HC/PC. Anyhow, that's my story. I know I have much to learn and this seems to be a good place for that.

We'll see you at the range!

uncle charlie, there is something about black powder guns and shooting that just gets in your blood. I really ge3t off on doing things the way my ancestors did. Whatever direction your shooting takes you, plinking, hunting, reinacting or whatever you will enjoy it, your fellow arkansan hounddog in pocahontas ark. welcome

:hatsoff:Welcome to the forum.Ya picked a good place ta learn.Good luck with your kit rifle.Make lots of smoke.Griz

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. This looks like an overall friendly group I'm looking forward to putting some lead through my rifle, and I'll let you know how it goes.

UC now ya got a real gun to put down them razorbacks with and don't worry about what everybody else thinks most of us started off with that kit I did good luck to ya enjoy the posts keep your muzzle up your powder dry and burn powder. Yadkin North Alabama.

Back