• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from OZ.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Gooday from OZ!
Getting a bit tired of punching holes in paper with centrefires, so have bought myself a .44cal Percussion Cap "Kentucky" long rifle, and I`m waiting on delivery of a .45 cal CVA "Kentucky" Flintlock, should arrive this week!..and since this is the best ML site I have come across on the net, thought I`d better join in!
Having a "Ball" (excuse the pun) with the .44, and looking forward, with your help, to shooting the Flintlock!..
Hope I did the right thing starting with small cal.rifles, but I`m sure I`ll find out here.
I`ve got a heap of questions but I`ll check the archives before I waste your time,
Cheers,
PAN.

Welcome to the MLF Roger! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp willing to share a lifetime of experience, so don't feel like your wasting our time. In my opinion any traditional BP caliber is the right one to start with.

Hi Roger! Welcome from another retiree. You did OK starting with the smaller calibers; after all, if you find they are lacking in one way or another, it gives you an excuse to get another (or 2 or 3).

G'Day Pan, and welcome. But watch out - black powder is addictive......

And you are right. This is an excellent board and there are some extremely knowledgable and generous people that post here who are always willing to help out.

G`day again,
thanks for making me feel welcome,
Just like home...`cept for the time zone...it`s 4.00pm here, thursday...
Who`s the best guy to ask about the problems I should be aware of with the two ML`s I have just bought, one CVA ."45 cal Flintlock Kentucky", and the other ".44 cal Euroarms Kentuckian" Percussion Cap....
Are they generally safe if handled properly?, I did read something about a recall at CVA?
Thanks in advance for your advice .
Pan...

Welcome Pan. Hey, my daughter is probabaly pretty close to you now, somewhere on the coast of queensland doing research. Not too far from Lizard Island, if you know where that is. If you see a young blonde American woman, say hi from her Daddy. :thumbsup: Bill

Hi,
I`ll do that,Snowdragon, I`m a few hundred miles south of there, but I do get up that way for a weekend of fishing from time to time...really beautiful part of the country...she`s a lucky lass to be living there.
Pan

Back