• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Grrw trade rifle 58 cal flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this a tall order I sold my grrw trade rifle last year because I want a flintlock version and also wanted a 58 versus the 54 I had not sure many of these were built in this configuration but thought I reach out before I place a order with tvm. I plan on using this new rifle for new York muzzleloader season and p.a. flintlock season. I doubt anyone will reach out but thanks for looking !
Ms

Are you looking for the half-stock or the full-stock?

Some options to consider: Looking at my half-stock Leman, I'm guessing a new barrel could be fit in an afternoon. My .50 cal is just a straight 1" barrel. The plug threads should let the breechplug be transferred to a larger barrel, making it nearly a drop-in. As for percussion to flint conversion, maybe a few hours. Knowing that--if you can do the work--might let you widen your search.

Are you looking for the half-stock or the full-stock?

Some options to consider: Looking at my half-stock Leman, I'm guessing a new barrel could be fit in an afternoon. My .50 cal is just a straight 1" barrel. The plug threads should let the breechplug be transferred to a larger barrel, making it nearly a drop-in. As for percussion to flint conversion, maybe a few hours. Knowing that--if you can do the work--might let you widen your search.
Hello, yes I could very easily do the work but if I went down that road I would get a t.o.w. kit and build one. I love full stocks so not willing to bend on that one.
Thanks !!

Lou Puteff has a beautiful full stock H.E. Leman flinter being built by Ron Paull of GRRW Collector's Association at this time. Lou can tell you his experiences with this custom muzzleloading gunsmith from Alaska. This is is his second or third build by Ron.

GRRW Collector's Association has built over 110 rifles in the last 6 years, all custom built muzzleloading by (4) of the original gunsmiths of Green River Rifle Works with over 60 years experience in the trade. If you want a GRRW style muzzleloader contact me for the information.

Ask Ron Paull - Lou he has the best patterns out there available.
Ron's building me my 3rd gun I am very lucky and fortunate he was willing to build one for me Ron does the best work iv'e seen his custom Trapper pistol and fullstock Hawken are very finely built guns that I will cherish for my life time I jusr hope I can master the flintlock rifle since this will be my first flinter glad I have lot's of powder on hand !!

Back