• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Guess where I’m going tomorrow?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m heading to Hanover Ohio. Wife and I are making the 3 hour trip to pick up my Woodsrunner from Jim. We are also going to a local historic tavern for dinner the heading home. Should be a fun day!
Is it sad or bad that I almost am more interested in reading about the tavern and meal than Kiblers and the rifle? Lol.
I do love a good meal and a nice historic tavern....

Is it sad or bad that I almost am more interested in reading about the tavern and meal than Kiblers and the rifle? Lol.
I do love a good meal and a nice historic tavern....
I’ll take some photos and give a full report this eve.. and it’s not sad buddy, I get it! 😉

Then we finally made it! The trip there was a very easy trip.. I was pretty excited to say the least!

Attachments

• 4D1022E6-95A0-49CD-9BB8-0B9FB3AF63F8.jpeg
    4D1022E6-95A0-49CD-9BB8-0B9FB3AF63F8.jpeg
    3.3 MB
We left Jim’s with my prized Woodsrunner and went up the road a bit to the Spread Eagle Inn and Tavern. It was built around 1836 and is still in operation today. IF you ever go to Jim Kiblers to pick up a rifle.. or someday hopefully a Fowler, you simply can’t leave the area without visiting that Inn!! I’ll do a whole other write up later on that! For now I’d like to stay on subject, anyhow we left the Inn and made it home safely. I carefully unpackaged my Woodsrunner, man Jim sure does know how to pack stuff! Anyhow, it’s just simply perfect!! I couldn’t have asked for a better day to spend with my wife! Thanks again to Jim for taking the time out of his busy schedule to answer my questions and chit chat with me and the wife! Pet that pup for us again! Progress pics to come later. I’m only going to assemble it and let Ken Netting do the rest.

Eastern Ohio (Hanover) is a drive from Western Wisconsin, maybe some day I'll point my truck camper that direction.
It’s actually Hanoverton Ohio.. sorry for the misspelling. It’s for sure worth the trip! Once we got off of US 30, it was rolling hills, old towns.. just a beautiful picturesque trip.

One of these days, I’ll have to pay him a visit. Quite a drive from NE Kansas, though.

Funny story: My wife and I had a honeymoon of sorts in Florida 9 years after the fact this last summer. Ran into a newly married couple and got to chitchatting.

“Yeah, I’m from a little town in Ohio. Kensington.”

“Oh yeah? Where about is that?”

“Southeast of Akron. Closest town would be Hanoverton, but I wouldn’t call it much of a town”

He was pleasantly surprised I knew exactly where it was and that I knew of the Kibler’s. I guess they were family friends of sorts. Small world.

Last edited:
Back