• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium Sporter #2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the gun works/Oregon barrel company finished guns? Specifically the English sporting rifle #2?
I was unfamiliar and came across them online. Seems the business has great reviews, but I couldn’t find much at all about the rifles they make.
Seems like they use quality components.
Any and all intel/opinions/photos of rifles would be appreciated if anyone has any.

Thanks!
Ben

They have been in business for quite a while and I've only read good things about them. For a while they were the go to for TC sidelock parts, as they bought out TC's parts inventory when they stopped sidelock business. I broke a sear a few years ago and they were the only place I found one.
The original founder/owner passed away just a couple years ago or so. I believe his kids are running the business now. I know their dad had a good reputation as doing fine work, I haven't heard anything about the quality of work there since he passed. Perhaps someone else will chime in with recent experience with their work.

Awesome thanks guys. Yea seems like a neat outfit. Kinda surprised me I hadn’t heard of them before.

Anyone have one of their finished rifles?

Can’t find photos for examples or reviews to save my life. There just doesn’t seem to be much out there…but as said seems like they use quality parts and their own barrels.

Rifles of various styles are right at or less than that of the upper tier pedersolis, and certainly less than a full on custom.
Just seems like an intriguing option.

I have an English sporting rifle made by them. I had it made over 20 years ago with 2 barrels. One is 12 gauge smoothbore and the other .72 rifled. I have been very happy with this rifle and carried it for many hunts. It was actually made by Craig Kern - but that was who they had make it for me.
IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg

part0.jpeg

IMG_1521.jpeg

Joe did fine work and he and Suzy were great folks to deal with, Suzy is still running the business, if what you're looking at was built by Joe, buy with confidence, I miss seeing them at the show every year, they would set up 8 tables and fill them all overflowing, their barrels are well made also.

Joe did fine work and he and Suzy were great folks to deal with, Suzy is still running the business, if what you're looking at was built by Joe, buy with confidence, I miss seeing them at the show every year, they would set up 8 tables and fill them all overflowing, their barrels are well made also.
From what I can see on the website the rifles are all built to order, with many specs a guy could have made just the way he wants it.
So they must have employees doing the current work?
Man if the current stuffs anything like SciAggies example seems pretty impressive

From what I can see on the website the rifles are all built to order, with many specs a guy could have made just the way he wants it.
So they must have employees doing the current work?
Man if the current stuffs anything like SciAggies example seems pretty impressive
I haven't seen any current stuff, ask for pics when you talk to them.

Back