• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Guns International

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the place for this. There is a vendor on guns International that has a black powder revolver I'm interested in. Ive never bought there before. Is there a way to be sure its not a scam? Person has Verified Seller on his listings. Goes by Stonewall Firearms. Also states FFL dealer. Total listings of 58 and 31 active.
In y'all's opinion, think it be safe to send him a certified check or money order? That's the only payments accepted.

I have dealt with Guns International with good results. Have you tried searching the web with whatever pics the seller has provided? That will tell you if the pics were pirated from a valid sale somewhere else.

I have used Guns International previously with great results as well. Obviously it’s a site with individual sellers though, so you need to do some due diligence.

I have dealt with Guns International with good results. Have you tried searching the web with whatever pics the seller has provided? That will tell you if the pics were pirated from a valid sale somewhere else.
Ok, I did that, all photos looked like it went back to that listing.

I corresponded with the seller via email. He gave me his name and address. I googled it and came up that he actually has an ffl number to his name and address. After looking at his pictures again, he does show the serial number on bottom of revolver. I also looked at his other listings and they have the same background.
I appreciate y'alls replies.
Thank you,
Jappo

I’m only seeing this thread late on Thursday evening so maybe my response is moot, but I’ve made three or four purchases from Gunsinternational without problems. But since getting burned on this forum a some time ago I always ask to speak in person with anyone I purchase from or sell to. I figure a scammer either won’t want to talk or would have a tell that would give himself away. No problems since.

I’m only seeing this thread late on Thursday evening so maybe my response is moot, but I’ve made three or four purchases from Gunsinternational without problems. But since getting burned on this forum a some time ago I always ask to speak in person with anyone I purchase from or sell to. I figure a scammer either won’t want to talk or would have a tell that would give himself away. No problems since.
Seem to be quite a few new members selling stuff on this forum of late, with less than a dozen or so posts total. I have kinda been wondering about that.

Seem to be quite a few new members selling stuff on this forum of late, with less than a dozen or so posts total. I have kinda been wondering about that.

I was burned when an older member’s account was hacked. I’ve since bought from both older and newer members but only after speaking to them on the phone. Also made new friends that way.

Have used GI only once. One thing I do like about it vs GB which is an online auction is that you can make an offer to the seller for a firearm and not have bidders running up the price as on GB. I've heard instances where sellers will get bidders to bid up the price of a firearm and of bidders out of stupidity and spite running up bids. Don't use GB anymore due to a number of issues. I like to eyeball a purchase anyway. When I did use GB I always called when possible to ask questions and/or used the 'PM the Seller' asking questions about the possible purchase. If the seller refused to give any info, red flag time and I wouldn't bid.

Well after communicating with the seller and finding out he has an FFL (I also googled it and he has it in his name and address) I bought the pistol and received it just as described and even better. Very clean and looks unfired.
I'm happy.

Back