• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Guns on the early frontiers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noworries

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know this book???? It is by Carl P. Russell and printed in 1958. Is the info in it reliable and/or accurate?

My copy was printed in 1957 but I assume it is the same as the one your asking about.

I don't recall anything that was written in it that I could disagree with, and the documentation given in the book is quite extensive.
I would say it is as, or more accurate than many other books I've read which dealt with this subject.
zonie :)

I also have this book. I found my copy on a trade blanket at a small rondevous. I've have found it to be most relileble.
wil

An outstanding "read". We were in williamsburg, VA and my wife bought it for me in a gift shop. I have read it cover to cover and keep it as a reference. It covers everything from the matchlock muskets of the Spanish explorers all the way up to U.S. Civil War breechloading carbines.

Back