• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Had a great weekend

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crudedude

32 Cal.
Reaction score
It pays to go to yard sales: Sunday I picked up a 45 cal. T/C Hawkin With extra 36 cal. Green Mountain drop in barrel.Stripped it down to the wood,not a speck of rust or accumulated crud anywhere,and both barrels sharp and clean,couple of minor dinks on stock otherwise perfect condition,even has a fold down peep sight on tang. Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Midsouth and Possibles Shop,and made up a bunch of pillow ticking patches with moose milk,so hope to be shooting in a few days. Best part is I got it all for $150.00. Dont think I got stung too bad.I always said even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Can't tell I'm excited can you?

That's an excellent deal. Even the Green Mountian Barrel would be worth that. :thumbsup: I am never that lucky at those yard sales etc. All I ever find are toaster that are in the garage for a reason, or an ocassional powertool that was wore out many years ago. Congratulations.. that is definately a lucky rifle.

It pays to go to yard sales: Sunday I picked up a 45 cal. T/C Hawkin With extra 36 cal. Green Mountain drop in barrel.Stripped it down to the wood,not a speck of rust or accumulated crud anywhere,and both barrels sharp and clean,couple of minor dinks on stock otherwise perfect condition,even has a fold down peep sight on tang. Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Midsouth and Possibles Shop,and made up a bunch of pillow ticking patches with moose milk,so hope to be shooting in a few days. Best part is I got it all for $150.00. Dont think I got stung too bad.I always said even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Can't tell I'm excited can you?

Fantastic !! .45cal TC Hawkens are excellent rifles
:redthumb:

I'm green with envy . :thumbsup: Good deal !

Back