• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hard conditions to shoot in....?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amen, brother. :thumbsup: Between age and meds 30 with no rain or wind is about it for this one. :surrender:

I'm sitting here reading all the posts about wind, and laughing. 20, 30, 40 miles an hour ain't nothin'! This last week we had winds up to 70 mph. SOme places in the foothills had over a hundred!!
Did I go out? No. :blah:

:thumbsup: :surrender: If I hunt in 30* or less weather I have on 2 pairs of thermals, flannel shirt, then I have on an insulated camo full suit coveralls!!. When ya have 2 steel rods fused to your spine the cold really gets to ya :( .

Best time to be in the woods for me: temp in the 20's, little to no wind, snow falling heavy enough to hear it land. Hope to see it in a couple weeks for my last, last chance for deer this season. Presently, no snow on the ground in northwest Illinois. Been windy as all get-out.

The best thing about 20 mph winds is that it keeps the smoke out of your eyes when you're warming up some tea.

HPIM2767b.jpg

wind stops blowing in kansas just before the tornado hits. enjoy the next 20 seconds ehhh
TOTO WHERE ARE WE NOW

Back