• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Sold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhunter09

32 Cal
Reaction score
WTS very nice .50 caliber percussion longrifle. As far as I can tell it is likely a Wilderness Rifle Works (American company that made a variation of the popular Hatfield line of rifles). Percussion lock, set triggers, curly maple stock, 38.5" straight barrel. The barrel is attached via Allen head screws through the thimbles, similar to a Hatfield. It was unfired when I got it. I put about 10-15 rounds through it and gave it a good cleaning when done. Only selling because I bought a flintlock that I prefer, right after getting this.

Here is a discussion about the possible origins of the rifle.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/wilderness-rifle-works.144889/

$600 face to face in NE Alabama or thereabouts. I'm in Blount County and can drive a bit if needed. I'm in Montgomery once a month.

Thanks for looking.
Screenshot_20240726_051812_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240726_051812_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240726_051839_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240726_051825_Gallery.jpg

You need to have your name, today’s date posted in this ad. It’s required. Pic of other side of rifle would be nice.
Copy. I will take additional pictures with name and date, and other side of the rifle when I get home from work this evening.

WTS very nice .50 caliber percussion longrifle. As far as I can tell it is likely a Wilderness Rifle Works (American company that made a variation of the popular Hatfield line of rifles). Percussion lock, set triggers, curly maple stock, 38.5" straight barrel. The barrel is attached via Allen head screws through the thimbles, similar to a Hatfield. It was unfired when I got it. I put about 10-15 rounds through it and gave it a good cleaning when done. Only selling because I bought a flintlock that I prefer, right after getting this.

Here is a discussion about the possible origins of the rifle.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/wilderness-rifle-works.144889/

$600 face to face in NE Alabama or thereabouts. I'm in Blount County and can drive a bit if needed. I'm in Montgomery once a month.

Thanks for looking.View attachment 336764View attachment 336764View attachment 336766View attachment 336765
SPF to Y2GREY

Back