• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Pedersoli 1777 French Flintlock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello ALL. Still thinning the heard. Not happy doing it. But has to be done.

PISTOL: As above. Serial # E70694.

STOCK: Perfect condition. Original factory stain. No chips or bruises. Not even a scratch or handling mark.

BARREL: .69 caliber. I did not mic it. Polished factory bright, no stains. The bore appears to be unfired and in near mint condition. Just a couple of very light stains from sitting in storage for a long time. Patches run through perfect.

MOUNTS: All brass. Screws still have all their blue finish.

LOCK: Sparks well. Sparks go right into the pan. Cock and frizzen still have all their color case hardening. The lock functions fine.

MY CONCLUSION: I purchased this pistol second-hand many years ago. I've never fired it. Just test sparked it now. IMHO this pistol has never been fired. The face of the breech plug is spotless. It looks like a previous owner had done one or more test fires in the pan, but never actually loaded the barrel to fire. And then did not do a proper job of cleaning on the brass around the lock area. If I were to keep the pistol, I would disassemble and polish out ALL the brass. Then let it re-age naturally or add artificial aging. It appears Pedersoli is no longer making this pistol (?) I don't see it listed new anywhere. Anyway, for you French reenactors, here your chance for a sidearm. Feel free to ask any questions. And thanks for looking. Sorry, not interested in trades. Price: $450.00 - shipped to the lower 48 states.

Rick

DSC03300 (Medium).JPG
DSC03301 (Medium).JPG
DSC03302 (Medium).JPG
DSC03303 (Medium).JPG
DSC03304 (Medium).JPG

I got to handle one of these at a reenactment back in July. Loved the feel and balance, I've been kind looking for one since. I may be interested. How do you accept payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back