• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Have my eye on a nice ML buck this year.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenring

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are som pics of the Ol Guy from behind the house so if all goes well I’ll fill that tag.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
  • IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
Isn’t he though, the little buck was egging him on and he was chasing him around, I am going to have one problem from where I took the picture on the back deck to where they hang out in the woods is a bedding area and a feeding area with a water source of a little stream in the middle of the woods and they don’t come out except to feed.so if I want this guy I am gonna have to take my time and play it cool. And do some calling so I can get him into round ball range. Hot Dam..

I hope he’s there when the time arrives , but even though I was trying to be really quiet about taking the pictures as you can see in the one photo he is looking straight at me, they just know .

Oh, yeah, he's a good one. Hope it works out for ya! I get pics of them every year on my cameras but they start disappearing about the middle of September, right before our archery season. They've definitely have learned, at least in my area, when danger season starts, LOL.

Did you ever have them look at you on stand and then look down to the ground and straight back up at you as if to fake you out and get the jump on ya.

He’s Super Nice, even with taking many deer I still get the shakes it just comes with the business I guess. LOL..
Unfortunately, I no longer get that adrenaline rush and when the deed is done I look at all the work I have to do to process the deer.
The deer on my property get plenty of feed I have about 7-10 acres of food plots and a couple of feeders on 70 acres.. I use about 7 cameras set up in different locations which I move around regularly.
In total, I have about 5-6 legal-size bucks and a boatload of does and fawns.
Here in Missouri, a buck has to have at least 4 visible points on one side to be legal.

Did you ever have them look at you on stand and then look down to the ground and straight back up at you as if to fake you out and get the jump on ya.
Ahhh yes, the famous head bob, yep, got busted by that move early on in my bow hunting career by a really nice buck on public land.
Remembered it well and have since had it pulled on me many times by other deer, it's one of their favorite tactics I think.

Ahhh yes, the famous head bob, yep, got busted by that move early on in my bow hunting career by a really nice buck on public land.
Remembered it well and have since had it pulled on me many times by other deer, it's one of their favorite tactics I think.
That’s for sure.

Latest posts

Back