• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Haven't fired a shot...game over

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to say, the reason they're not out in the woods is they have found it much safer in residential neighborhoods. We have two large populations in our area of town and I have finally got at least one gobbler back in my cove now. Of course my yard may not be the safest place to end up for a gobbler. They are at our range and we often joke about trying a long shot at one. One of our members got permission from the landowner to set up a blind. He said a Tom would come down to the edge of the field about 100 yards off and strut back and forth but not come in any closer.

I'm off Friday...was planning a range trip but if the weather's OK and I can get up at 4:15am, I might hunt the first few hours then go on to the range...but man, its hard to get up that early when things have been so dead where I hunt...we'll see

I hear ya... it's pretty tough to stay interested without any sign of game. Maybe sleep in one day and try your spot in the midday or afternoon - you never know. Or, spend a few hours knocking on doors and try to get a new spot. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back