• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was made from a casting, but still requires a lot of work. When I'm making a gun, I like to keep a project like this going on the side.
DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

WOW :v
Outstanding Robby!!! Very nice Hawk. Any pix of the gun build?
Dusty :wink:

Dusty Bob said:
P.S. Welcome to TMLF!
Thank you dusty Bob, For the welcome and the kind words.
Here is the gun I was making at the same time as the hawk. It is .40cal., 44" barrel, Iron mounted.
Buttplate and trigger are from castings, the rest I made. The architecture isn't too specific to anyone place, I kind of made it up as I went along with elements that seemed pleasing to me at the time, but you can see some lehigh valley and allentown in it I guess. Hope you like it, as always criticisms welcome.
DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0164.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

Robby

Goldhunter said:
Excellent. :hatsoff: What casting did you use?
All three castings were purchased from TOTW, the hawk is what they call the english pattern, the Butt and T/G are both fowler hardware that I modified considerably.

Robby said:
Goldhunter said:
Excellent. :hatsoff: What casting did you use?
All three castings were purchased from TOTW, the hawk is what they call the english pattern, the Butt and T/G are both fowler hardware that I modified considerably.
Mighty nice work! Everything I get from TOTW is junk or close to it!

Robby, :bow:
That is some kind of great craftsmanship! The wood is fantastic as well! Hope it shoots as good as it looks. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

DustyBob, It is a very accurate gun. At the range it is much more accurate than my tired old eyes are capable of taking advantage of. Still, when hunting I can usually find the mark. Thanks!!
Robby
P.S. Dogs do indeed leave their foot prints on the heart.

Latest posts

Back