• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken bbl swap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumper50

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a TC white mtn carbine w/a 21" gmb 1/28 twist. Today I had it apart for cleaning. It occured to me that if the 21" bbl would fit the wmc, would my .45 hawken fit in the wmc stock? Wel it did! and it actually fit and balanced great. now I wonder that if it will shoot w/that setup. It is just muzzle heavy (steadier). I knew gmb bbls fit, so know what should I do? Shoot it, order another bbl?? Help!!

Uh Oh. Another one is on the road to "fixin things".

This is a treacherous road filled with sudden impulses to modify all sorts of things.
Next thing you know your going to be thinking stuff like, "If I just send away for one of those pre-inlet stocks and then buy a replacement lock and a set trigger............" :grin:

Back