• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hawken bolster (drum)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stosh

32 Cal.
Reaction score
thanks for the help all. the male thread on the breech plug to barrel, as well as the female threads in barrel and breech plug are all in perfect condition. I did run a 10mm x 1.25 tap in the drum hole just to be sure. Looks like all I need is a new bolster (drum). I can't seem to locate one. Dixie Gun Works sells them, but they are out of stock. Does anyone know where I can purchase one. Thanks

Necchi, i like yours better. Can get one undrilled so the nipple can be lined up with where the hammer is.

steve

Yeah, that can be a bugger.
Track has a tool that's a drill guide actually, for drilling that hole.

I do Track of the Wolf alot, I live `bout 35 miles away so it's handy.

necchi said:
Yeah, that can be a bugger.
Track has a tool that's a drill guide actually, for drilling that hole.

I do Track of the Wolf alot, I live `bout 35 miles away so it's handy.

You wouldn't have a exact name or page number for that guide to drill the hole from TOW would you?

I have a rifle that could benefit from a new drum, but I have been unsure on drilling the drum properly.

Latest posts

Back