• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FS58

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, This is my first post on here. I have some questions and I figured this would be the best place to get the right answers. I want to build a full stock hawken, but the only kits that Track has are flint. I would rather make it a percussion rifle. What I would like to know, is there a period correct perc. lock for a full stock hawken or will it have to be a flinter to be correct?

You can for sure have a Full Stock Hawken in percussion. Just call Track and tell them what you want to do, they will fix you right up with what you need.

I have a Full stock Hawken 50 Cal Percussion and Absolutley love it. It holds so good, you have to force yourself off target.

Headhunter

Thanks for the replies.My idea is to use the James Goodoien 35 inch barrel with the Jim Bridger lock and breechplug. I think it will make a nice looking and good shooting rifle.

Yup, that would be a real nice setup. Give them a call and they can help you out.

Back