• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken rifles at Cody Firearms Museum, Cody, WY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys got me interested so I just finished a trip to Chadron and the Museum of the Fur Trade, then on to Cody and the Buffalo Bill Center, and finally to Pinedale and the Museum of the Mountain Man. Wow, almost a dream vacation. Oh and while in Cody be sure to see the Dug Up Guns Museum.

Thanks for some great images. Just starting my serious study of Hawken's myself. I had a Renegade back in the 80's and have a bench copy of an original now. Not for any living history, simply for shooting and hunting. I had been thinking about a flint fullstock hawken, but am now firmly in the JJ Henry English pattern mode thanks to others much better versed in these guns than me.

bigburk said:
You guys got me interested so I just finished a trip to Chadron and the Museum of the Fur Trade, then on to Cody and the Buffalo Bill Center, and finally to Pinedale and the Museum of the Mountain Man. Wow, almost a dream vacation. Oh and while in Cody be sure to see the Dug Up Guns Museum.

Now, THAT is a vacation!
Ron

myshootinstinks said:
I live just a couple of hours away from Cody and still have not paid a visit to the museum. :doh:
Interesting, Denver built Hawken rifles. Also, full stock guns are not so rare, more of them than I would have expected.
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

not uncommon ... I grew up just outside of Boston and never walked the "freedom trail" (even though it's free and quite informative) until I took my girlfriend there when we in college. that was a zillion years ago, by the way.

Latest posts

Back