• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken scabbard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pc.knife

40 Cal.
Reaction score
leather, glass beads, imitation sinew, hair

80.02.jpg

80.03.jpg

80.04.jpg

80.05.jpg

80.06.jpg

Excellent!

I've made a couple similar that were functional without dressing them up. Haven't made any more because I ran into an issue- The front sight grabs the soft leather when I withdraw the rifle. Not an issue with hard temper leathers, but no dice with the soft I'd rather use.

Might need to change to a rounded blade sight, but haven't got back to it.

Have you run into the same problem, or did you find a way to get around it? Be great to find a better idea without changing front sights.

BrownBear said:
Excellent!

I've made a couple similar that were functional without dressing them up. Haven't made any more because I ran into an issue- The front sight grabs the soft leather when I withdraw the rifle. Not an issue with hard temper leathers, but no dice with the soft I'd rather use.

Might need to change to a rounded blade sight, but haven't got back to it.

Have you run into the same problem, or did you find a way to get around it? Be great to find a better idea without changing front sights.

The leather is so stiff with no problem when the rifle or withdraw at its retrcting.

I had a similar problem in the previous scabbard, I had to modify it by adding the inner layers of linen.

Back