• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Heartbreaks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a few years but you pay shipping to hoyt and his cost includes return shipping. I sent three barrels at once. I think it ran about $135 per barrel. You should contact him for current information.

One thing to consider is that the barrel that comes back to you will have a greater value than a bought factory barrel replacement with a good bore. The barrel you get back will have a bore quality better than a new made investarms barrel.

Lots of my own opinions in the above so I suggest you look into it carefully.
Thanks, it's why I asked you. I already respect your common sense opinions on these things. This is really helpful.
SW

I would first shoot the gun to see how it groups. It might surprise you. I have a Springfield TD carbine that had a large, pitted section. You could feel it with a tight patch. I shot it for many years as it was before breaking down and having Bob Hoyt re-line the barrel. It now has a modern steel liner in .458" groove (originals ran .460"-.462") that allows me to shoot jacketed bullets as well as my soft cast.

I would first shoot the gun to see how it groups. It might surprise you. I have a Springfield TD carbine that had a large, pitted section. You could feel it with a tight patch. I shot it for many years as it was before breaking down and having Bob Hoyt re-line the barrel. It now has a modern steel liner in .458" groove (originals ran .460"-.462") that allows me to shoot jacketed bullets as well as my soft cast.
I once had a badly pitted Renegade barrel. I knew that when I bought it. It had sat uncleaned for several years. I had Bob recut the .50 to a .54 rifled for round ball. Well worth it.

Back