• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Heavy duty way to place barrel keys in.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am not going to bad mouth or put anyone down. This guy is happy as a lark and enjoying his build, and good for him. Video shows the way he inserts barrel
keys in the escutcheons.
I am pretty sure he will not need barrel key retainer pins.
Larry

That has a very good chance of splitting the stock when shooting it. Especially in different temps.....hot of summer....cold of winter.

On my wedge key rifles you can push them in and out with your thumb. Nice and snug, but no hammer required.

I found his videos on YouTube. There is some good stuff there. I won’t bad mouth his gun building either. I just didn’t understand some of the things he did.

I have a T/C New Englander, wasn't paying attention and put the wedge in upside down. (Thought it went in harder than usual.) Pulled the escutcheon down and cracked the stock.

That'll learn me...........

Back