• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello All Here

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPete

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say this is a great forum and I finally decided to join. Got my first BP rifle, a CVA Hawken .50 from the White Elephant in Spokane WA in 1983. Princely sum of $229 was paid, still have the receipt. Couldn't afford a TC in those days. I shot that .50 for many years and really took care of it, cooing over it like a mother hen after each session.

Lost the CVA (and most everything else) in a break-in in 1991, but eventually got a Lyman GPR .50 a few years ago and have been back in BP since.

Been a student of history, as many here seem to do. Travelled to Shiloh, Little Big Horn, Pompeys Pillar and others to stand where better men have.

Currently live in SW Alberta, not far from Montana. I guess my dream rifle would be a Jim Kibler SMR in a .40, and am saving my shekels for same.

Sorry for the too many words,

Peter

Welcome to the Forum, Peter!

Not too many words at all. Compared to some of us, you're downright brief.

A love of History is what brought many/most of us down this path (for some, it's a fascination with mechanisms). We are glad to have you here, and look forward to your participation.

Richard/Grumpa
(for some reason, the smilies aren't working on this post?)

Latest posts

Back