• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello All I'm New to This Forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey4469

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Post:
I'm a new member and looking forward to meeting everyone one on this site that loves muzzleloading. I'm a big fan of the Brown Bess, 1763 Charleville, and Ky Longrifle, well anything to do with the time period of 1600 to 1800. Hopefully sometime this year I can aquire my dream gun, The Brown Bess Musket. I have read a lot about the gun but never had one. Got to see my first original at Yorktown just yesterday and I loved it. I'm glad to be on this site and hope to speak with you all real soon.

casey4469

Welcome to the camp. Pull up a log, pour yerself some coffee and sit a spell. Great bunch of people here. Think ya will be right at home.

Hello casey4469:

I have shot the Bess since 1985 and I just love it, she's a sweet shooting musket for sure...

Hope you get one soon, what the heck, Besses for all, Zonie is buying... :winking:

Musketman:

I have shot the Bess since 1985 and I just love it, she's a sweet shooting musket for sure...

Hope you get one soon, what the heck, Besses for all, Zonie is buying... :winking:

My biggest complaint about the Brown Bess is that the slowmatch keeps getting smashed out against that piece of metal above the flashpan. :: ::

:bull: ::

My biggest complaint about the Brown Bess is that the slowmatch keeps getting smashed out against that piece of metal above the flashpan.

That's why it has that big ol' bolt on it, just remove it and pull that nasty frizzen out of the way and replace the flint with a slow match and you have a brown bess matchlock... :winking: :haha:

the slowmatch keeps getting smashed out against that piece of metal above the flashpan. :: ::

Oh Teleoceras, and I thought you knew your matchlock drill :shocking:

You're supposed to open the pan cover before giving fire :: ::

Glad to have you with us casey4469. There is a lot to be learned at this site.
SNAKE-EYES

Back