• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmalone1975

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all. California might seem like an odd place for a muzzloader and Mountain Man enthusiast but with all the restrictive gun laws now, muzzleloaders are the one kind of gun I can buy and build with no waiting period and get them shipped right to my door. Anyway, glad to be a part of the forum. Hope to get to know you all soon.

Welcome to the menagerie! :wink: Wade right in any time you need help or have a comment. We'll show you the secret handshake later! :thumbsup: :rotf:

Welcome from Arkansas! Mountain men in California is not a strange concept at all. There used to be one who raised his own grizzly bears for pets and had his picture taken in front of an elementary school with two of them. The children on the high front steps seemed to remain dubious. No less a mountain man than Jim Bridger discovered the 'southern' route to California and Jed Smith died there, IIRC. By all means enjoy the forum and make friends! Treestalker.

I too am from CA. Grizzly Adams lived here and that's enough proof for me that us CA mountain men are not a rare breed! Welcome to the forum!! :hatsoff:

Back