• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from good old Sweden

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svenskenH

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, I thought it would be nice to introduce myself at the forum. Im a born shooter at the age of eighteen,I have always had a passion for guns in general but in the latest year or so i "found" what shooting and collecting was all about. The smell of burnt black powder in the morning sun. But as i found it the Swedish market for American rifles and revolvers where not that big and the prices where out of my budget for collecting i thought to look here for addvice. please post some tips on where i can buy guns and import them to sweden.

Regards, Henrik Johansson

I would start by contacting a company called "Track of The Wolf", and another called " Dixie Gun Works" The first company sells mostly accessories, and the second sells accessories as well as guns. I think they are some of the few that do export sales, and would know the legalities and procedures for doing shipments to Sweden. Sincerely, Smoothshooter

Hello from Southern California.

There is someone on Youtube with the username Matchlock Films. They seemed very friendly and willing to talk to people who have seen their film.

These people made a film called 'Forlorn Hope'; a short fictional horror film about the 30 years war and I believe it was filmed in Sweden.

They used wheelocks and matchlocks in this production, so I imagine if you perhaps contacted them to asked what legalities they had to go through concerning how they obtained their arms for this short film they could possibly put you in the proper direction on how to import black powder arms.

I am not sure if the guns used in this production were imported to your country or not, but somehow I got the idea they may have been.

Welcome :hatsoff: As has been said, Track of the Wolf and Dixie Gun Works are good places to start.

Several of our members here post from around Europe. Besides the two companies mentioned, they may be better able to tell you about the sales and import/export of muzzleloaders between Sweden adn other northern European countries. You are certainly welcome here, we look forward to your posts. :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the tips on webbpages and such, they both have some nice rifles and muskets. altough not many revolvers. where can i post questions on where i can find webpages that sells to sweden ? i know you're not supposed to ask questions here and im sorry for it but could not find a good place to post a thread ..

I would think the "General Muzzleloading" section under the "Firearms" forums would be the place. If not, the moderators can move it to a better forum. Wish I had better answers for your question. Most of us here have little or no knowledge of what the laws are in Sweden are concerning percussion hand guns.

In sweden, all non cartrige rifles/ handguns that is made befor 1890 are all licens free. It's just like buying a paintball marker or such ..

Does this include replicas made of these pre-1890 guns, like the Uberti, Pedersoli or Pietta revolvers & rifles?

No it does not, swedish laws are not what the should.. but they all have to be made befor 1890. if the fullfill the criteria of not using cartriges and is made befor that period then i do not have to apply for anything or regestrate it in any way.

Back