• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello From Idaho

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris4905

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for accepting me into your forum. I'm from Eagle, Idaho (SW portion of the state),have been hunting for years, just recently with a muzzleloader. This year I drew a ML elk tag for the entire month of Dec (again-3rd year). Hunting with a ML, walking through snow, in rough terrain.....I think I've died and gone to heaven !! :thumbsup:

I have been lurking on this site for about the past month. I'm addicted, not only to ML, but to this site. There is sooooo much information, I'm on here every night, can't stay away.

Did a short stint with the in-line until they changed the ML laws here in Idaho, greatest thing to happen to me. I recently got a Lyman GPR .54 Cal percussion kit, came with the 1:60 barrel. I also purchased the 1:32 barrell.

Just finished putting the GPR together, did it in brown vs. blue. I searched this site for wood finishing, got the "tips", and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Used Tru Oil with steel wool between coats.

I have lots to learn, but with the vast amount of experience and knowledge on this forum, all I have to do is ask and pay attention.

Thanks in advance to all of you who will help me with my new found hobby.

chris,
Welcome to the MLF and to this addiction
we all share.Visit often and contribute when
you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Back