• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Maine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maineguide,
welcome to the forum glad to have you with us. sounds like you have a very interesting job. hope you will join in and contribute whenever you can.
again welcome and stay ective
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

Welcome! I just watched a video about Larry Benoit and his sons hunting your Maine white-tails. That is certainly not similar to our northcentral forest of PA. These fellows shot some huge bucks, but they certainly worked for them. Hope to hear more from you in the coming months. Again, welcome.

I am a newbe and just wanted to say Hi.

Well, "hi" to you as well. :)

I, too, am a Mainer, originally from "The County" but currently exiled in North Carolina where the deer are small and no one has ever heard of a "pah-tridge".

Welcome to the board!

Jon

Wicked good to see anothuah Mainah heah! ::
Welcome to the club Maineguide, you'll find there's a wealth of information here and friendly to the point that it's about as addictive as muzzleloaders themselves.

Thanks guys. I will have some questions from time to time.Please bear with me cause I am very new to this type of shooting and hunting.

Welcome aboard to Maine from North Carolina. I've only been on board a short while but feel like I've learned so
much. Seems everyone is willing to share knowledge and
experiences. enjoy the sport and the fellowship of this
forum. :applause:

Where down east? I am from Jonesport and was home to visit in September. Graybeard

Welcome aboard, glad to see some more of us Mainer's in the sport. I've been on here a while but haven't posted in some time.

Welcome.

If you ever spot a deer like the one in L.L. Bean's lobby (320 lb. dressed wt. whitetail) you give me a holler and I'll come up with whatever your guide's fee is. ::

That shouldn't be too hard... 320# is about average for Maine deer... :p

Jon

Welcome.

That shouldn't be too hard... 320# is about average for Maine deer... :p
Wow! Don't see too many like that down her in PA. Well Anyway Welcome Maineguide. :thumbsup:
Lehigh....

Thanks again guys for the welcome.
LOL's on the deer in Bean's lobby. If you get the chance you might want to try and get that one. As far as I know there has not been a deer tagged that big in Maine for a long time.
I have a lot of deer here in my area of Downeast Maine but they are small. Once in awhile we get a big deer 200-250 pounds and a good rack. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I will have some questions from time to time.Please bear with me cause I am very new to this type of shooting and hunting.

Boy did ya ever find the right spot for questions. Usn's just loves questions. Seems like nobody round here cares to answer them over and over again. Not like some places where they say look it up in the archives. Tis truly a great forum jump in there and ask away!

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Back