• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from New Mexico

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlheppl

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just joined up and wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Mike and I live in Grants, NM. I've got 3 black powder rifles, a 50 cal CVA hawkenthat I've had the blessing of taking a couple of elk with, an unidentified 1800 era 69 cal and an IL that sits in the gun cabinet collecting dust most of the time.

I married the love of my life 23 yrs ago and have 2 boys and a camp full of grandkids that I had the pleasure of taking fishing this last summer. I can't wait until they're old enough to take to hunting camp.

Greetings to everyone here. Glad to be here.
Mike

Welcome Mike, and bless you for taking those grandkids under wing.

BTW- My earliest memories in life are from the early 1950's in a little place due south of you- Pie Town! :grin:

I was hunting just a little north of Pie Town last week. I saw the biggest bull elk I've ever seen in my life. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for the elk, I had a deer tag.

Mike Heppler said:
I was hunting just a little north of Pie Town last week. I saw the biggest bull elk I've ever seen in my life. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for the elk, I had a deer tag.

I swear that sometimes critters can read what's in our pockets. We're in muzzleloader deer season up here, and Saturday I saw several nice bucks. But they all busted me at 150-200 yards because conditions were too noisy for stalking into muzzleloader range.

Enjoy that country. I have so many fond memories, it's good to know folks are still finding the good stuff. :thumbsup:

Hi Mike, and welcome! Sounds like you are leading a very good life down there, doing what we all love.

Ah Pietown, I spent a week there one day. :rotf: I always perk up there, since it's the corner of unit 15, where I usually elk hunt.

I'll be taking my youngest daughter cow hunting there in Dec. She is 20 now, but will be her first hunt. She will be using a short little .54 percussion I built.

Welcome aboard Mike. The next time I pass through Grants, I'll yell, "Hey Mike!" :grin: Bill

Back