• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from NJ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case you ever need a true, old school gunsmith that understands muzzle loaders, Joe Winters on Rt. 30 White Horse Pike in Berlin has a shop. Winters Specialties. Grew up with a gunsmith dad, used to shoot N-NSA, works on modern and old guns.
I had thought Winters closed down? I lived near there (Waterford) years ago. Glad to hear Winters is still there. Atco Sports, Paradise Sports, and the one in the Berlin Farmers Market were all regular stops for me. And the 2 up 206 North, forget the names. Harrys Army Navy maybe? Had the orange submarine outside the building.

I had thought Winters closed down? I lived near there (Waterford) years ago. Glad to hear Winters is still there. Atco Sports, Paradise Sports, and the one in the Berlin Farmers Market were all regular stops for me. And the 2 up 206 North, forget the names. Harrys Army Navy maybe? Had the orange submarine outside the building.
I haven't been there in over a year, I'm gonna google him now, he has a site.

Just accessed his site; he's still there, apparently! They don't make 'em like that anymore! He has a USMC Jeep from the '50's he restored; did engine work, etc., so he's pretty handy at stuff.
I assume it was his dad that tuned up and repaired my 740 woods master unmentionable.

I haven't been there in over a year, I'm gonna google him now, he has a site.
Probably close to 20 years ago when we moved. Had to get used to the smaller deer there, but I probably killed enough to fill a box car. I'm going to take a drive around next time I'm there visiting my MIL.

Hello all. Just signed up. Last time I was active as a muzzleloader was close to 40 years ago. I lived in northern NJ, where I fly fished for trout, and hunted whiteails and small game. The deer hunting was exclusively with BP. The net wasn't active then, but I had a .50 cal Jonathon Browning Mountain Rifle, inspired by watching Redford in my teens use a Hawken at the movies, and a book by Sam Fadala to guide me. I later picked up a .32 flinter from Dixons and a .36 caplock from Cabelas for squirrel hunting and plinking but only shot each at the range a few times.

I relocated after college in the early 80s to the southern Jersey coast, where I became an avid waterfower (including a decoy carver) and saltwater fisherman. Fast-forward to present, on the eve of my retirement, and I'm hungry for the fishing and hunting of my youth. I may even get a fowling piece to hunt ducks with. I was at the gun fair in Kempton, PA this past weekend (surprised it wasn't at Dixons anymore!) and met some nice folks, got a few new supplies and a hefty dose of inspiration. I imagine I'll have a few questions as I get back into gear and look forward to making some new friends here.
Hello from another NJ new member. I just joined also and was at Kempton Gunmakers Fair last weekend. Like you I started muzzleloading a while back but had a hiatus until recently.
I was born in Northwestern Ontario but moved to South Carolina while in high school. When SC expanded its archery season to allow muzzleloaders in a "Primitive weapons" season, I bought a TC Hawken around 1970, the first one I ever saw. After moving to Pennsylvania I bought a Pennsylvania Hunter flintlock around 1987 for the after-Christmas flintlock season. The last few years I have been hunting far from home, mostly in Idaho and Maryland where I have places, some back in South Carolina, some in Alabama, and recently this year in Argentina. The rut in Alabama where I hunt is right around Christmas/New Years and hog hunting starts getting good in South Carolina around the same time so I have been missing the flintlock season. The Maryland early muzzleloader season coincides with the rut so I have been using an inline but want to get more primitive again.

Hello all. Just signed up. Last time I was active as a muzzleloader was close to 40 years ago. I lived in northern NJ, where I fly fished for trout, and hunted whiteails and small game. The deer hunting was exclusively with BP. The net wasn't active then, but I had a .50 cal Jonathon Browning Mountain Rifle, inspired by watching Redford in my teens use a Hawken at the movies, and a book by Sam Fadala to guide me. I later picked up a .32 flinter from Dixons and a .36 caplock from Cabelas for squirrel hunting and plinking but only shot each at the range a few times.

I relocated after college in the early 80s to the southern Jersey coast, where I became an avid waterfower (including a decoy carver) and saltwater fisherman. Fast-forward to present, on the eve of my retirement, and I'm hungry for the fishing and hunting of my youth. I may even get a fowling piece to hunt ducks with. I was at the gun fair in Kempton, PA this past weekend (surprised it wasn't at Dixons anymore!) and met some nice folks, got a few new supplies and a hefty dose of inspiration. I imagine I'll have a few questions as I get back into gear and look forward to making some new friends here.

Latest posts

Back