• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Ol` England

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve44thRgt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I`m a re-enactor and shooter from Great Britain as member of the Napoleonic Association. I am a private soldier in the 2nd Batt. 44th East Essex Regiment of the British Army under Wellington.

I own a repro Brownbess musket and like to take it down to the firing range to fire at targets. There is nothing like the feel of a blackpowder musket when you fire one eh?

Steve

I too shoot a Brown Bess, great weapon...

Just for laughs, do you use English flints in yours too?

Welcome to the forum, and ask your friends to join as well...

Steve44thRgt: A Big Welcome To The Camp !!
From one Steve to another, Welcome. Glad you found us. There's alot of fine folks here at the camp. So kick back and enjoy yourself. Take Care, Steve (Mtn-Man2u) :)

Hallo Steve!
I too re-enact. Sometimes I just react! But I digress...
42d RHR here, ole bean, during that little uprising they had in the colonies, you understand. These rabble have lost all respect for George III, and NOW they follow ANOTHER George!
Welcome to the Forum, I've learned so much here, and everybody is so helpful, if you can dig some of their dialog... talk about murdering the English language!! Oy Vey! Keep your ears peeled and your eyes to the ground... or something like that, and you can't help but pick-up great information.
Cherrio!

. . . and NOW they follow ANOTHER George!

I thought Dick Cheney was running the government under the orders of the Stonecutters?

hammers.gif

The Ancient Stonecutter Anthem

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the Metric System down?
We do. We do.

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do. We do.

Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do. We do.

Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do. We dooooo.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I guess there are alot of us blackpowder nuts out there.

Musketman, in answer to your question I use origional bess flints. I have a supply of flints that were part of an origional supply shipment from 1804. The ship went down in a storm off the English coast and I am in contact with one of the salvage divers. The flints are almost black in colour and were very well made. They also last alot longer than the flints sold by musket traders over here. I guess you just cannot beat the real thing!

Also glad to see we have some redcoat soldiers still fighting for Ol` England over the there. How much tax do you pay on your tea now eh?

Anyhow, thanks again for the warm welcome. I will mention you to the rest of the lads.

Steve

Steve

Tax? We went from 'Taxation without representation' to "how far do you want me to bend over, again?" ::

Besides... :: I drink coffee!

Cheerio! knock me up in the morning!

LOL, not to worry Stumpman, I may be swingin' but I no keen swing 'at way!!

:: Ahem... 'Knock me up' means ring me, or telephone.

Welcome aboard, Steve!

Personally, I'm no more enamored of the George we have now than of the one we had 230 years ago!

Capt. William

I`ve just come back from a weekend in Portsmouth to watch all the D-Day celebrations. While I was there I took the time to have a look at H.M.S. Victory. She is a fine warship and of course was our Nelson`s flagship at Trafalgar in 1805.

It made me wonder if you have any warships from around this period preserved and cared for in the same way? I do remember reading that American frigates were regarded as being very good.

Incidentally, H.M.S. Victory is still serving as flagship of the Navy Home Command!

The USS Constitution is still with us. The following is from[url] scoonerman.com[/url]

<http://www.schoonerman.com/constit.gif>
IRONSIDES
USS CONSTITUTION

The Constitution--called "Old Ironsides" because bullets could not penetrate her tough oak sides--was one of the first of the original six frigates that made up the U.S. Navy. A 44-gun frigate built at the Edmond Hartt Shipyard, Boston, MA, in 1797. Her dimensions are 53,34x13,26x6,0 (d) m [175'0x43'6"x16'7"] and with a displacement of 2000 tons., the ship carried a crew of more than 450. The ship served in the undeclared naval war with France (1798-1800) Was the Flagship in the , Mediterranean squadron, in the Tripolitan War (1801-05). In the War of 1812 the Constitution won battles with the British frigates Guerriere and Java; the former battle took place about 1,200 km (750 mi) east of Boston on Aug. 19, 1812, and the latter off the coast of Brazil on Dec. 29, 1812. The Constitution made its last combat tour in 1814-15. The ship was scheduled to be scrapped in 1830, but Oliver Wendell Holmes's poem "Old Ironsides" inspired a public movement to save it. Restored in 1925, the Constitution is now The oldest commissioned vessel in the US Navy. Presently serving as a museum ship at the Charleston Navy Yard, Boston, MA. moored in Boston
constit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back