• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Oregon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just happened to stumble accros this site, and it looks exactly like what I need. I dont own a muzzleloader yet but I want to change that. It seems pretty hard to find info in my area about them. I love the history of the fur trade era, and am looking to someday purchase a repro muzzleloader from that era. If anybody knows of any clubs or shoots in the portland area, let me know. I need all the advice I can get.

Welcome! Can't help you for clubs but otherwise you're in the right spot. You might want to check in with the NMLRA and see if they have a list or organizations in your area.

[url] www.nmlra.org[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, froggy. :hatsoff:
You've come to the right place.
It's a bit confusing at first, but read, ask questions,do your home work and you will be on track with this addiction.

Welcome from Newberg...close enough for ya?
lets hook up, we shoot the 3rd sat every month and host several rondy's. I was in your shoes once.... "nuff said!
I shoot with a group that wont judge you or anything like that, give me a PT and we can discuss!
would enjoy showing you whats what.

Brett

Froggy,

You are around some of the best M/Ls around.
A few mile south of you is the Yamhill Flying M rondy. One of the biggest around these parts.

Up north in my neck of the woods (1/2 way bewteen Seattle and Portland) there are a bunch more.

Next spring will be the season opener trade shows, you just missed the end of year stuff.

Stick around here and you will see the notices for both states rondys.

We here are gearing up for the Feburary 15-16th "Rain-De-Vue"

Hey Brett send me the times and address where you shoot, I may just hitch up the mule and mosie down there!

Hi Johnny..
EVERY 3rd saturday of the month, regardless.
we do a small meeting and shoot by 10am.
rifle/pistol/trade gun aggreget, novelty shoot, lunch, hawk and knife, shotgun/ tradegun shotgun.
cost is 3 or 5 bucks, 3rd trip out...we get to vote you off the island! annual membership is like 23 bucks for the family!

We also host 4, count 'em, 4 rondy's over the year and a pretty decent tradeshow convieniently timed prior to christmas in early november.

Bring Froggy in tow, since this is his thread!

Would be more than happy to host any of you!

froggy,
Weclcome to the MLF!Visit often and
contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Well Froggy got some trigger time yesterday!
He found our group and checked us for a bit.
unfortunately, he showed up a tad late for the rifle aggregate stuff, but he was there right when the pistol section started. So we talked and did the "Q&A" thing, intoduced him to a few other folks and a few forum members. I know he went home with a ton of info in his head, and more questions in the making!
Now bear in mind folks....He has never shot a ML before! shot lots of other guns, but not a ml.
I took care of that!
I had brought him my "USA" barreled CVA Mt Rifle in .50. This was my 1st gun and it hadnt been shot for some time since taking a backseat to my .40. Being that he wasnt there for the aggregate and I had ample time remaining, I warmed the old girl up! forgot how well she shot and how good the trigger felt!....back to the story....
He said he would watch us, but I wouldnt have any of that, so I demo'd the loading process and had him shoot. of course the first time ever shot with set triggers is an experience! I saw his face and eyes!first you see the surprise look not knowing the trigger! thats followed by the GRIN!
He shot a few, said hehad enough....NO,we hot bunked the cva for a while and shot until the novelty event was over. hit or miss didnt matter, trigger time and smoke did!

I look forward to meeting up again soon!

...ya, I remember my first beer!

Welcome to the camp Froggy. If that 'Ol reprobate Brett :grin: is too far from ya i am here in Sutherlin, just north of Roseberg.

you are making a good start, checking available info before you get a smokepole. welcome to the Forum from WNC :hatsoff:

Yep, had a blast and met alot of good people.
Big thanks goes to Brett for letting me shoot, even though I got out there late.
Been busy reasearching guns since I left. It's probably to late to save myself.

Back