• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from S Central Pa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Bowman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,

New to this forum not new to muzzleloading. I was bitten by the blackpowder bug in my mid teens when Pa held its first flintlock season 1974 or 1975 i think.
Now that I'm in my late 40's if i'm huntin i'm carring a flintlock.
I shoot some black powder matches and woods walks and for the last 8 years or so I have ben building Pa flintlock rifles( one of these days I might even be good at it)

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Spring Grove,Pa. and you've just found the best forum on the web. :hatsoff:

Hi Duane, and welcome to the forum! Please post pictures of some of your rifles.

Here are some pix of my first Rifle from a plank. when I first started I built a few pre carved kits from Brad Emig and TOW but this is my first scratch build (with help from a good friend who is a true master of the longrifle)
006.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

.62 cal Early Reading I used #21 & 22 in Rifles of Colonial America as a guide.

Welcome! I have been here for a short time and am really impressed with the amount of knowledge shared on this site. I live in Alaska now, but am originally from Chambersburg, PA. Have you ever shot at the St Thomas Sportsmans Club at their muzzleloader shoots ? That is where I participated in most of my shoots when I lived in PA.

Beautiful rifle, by the way !

Nice rifle!!!! Used to live in Lebanon County. Lived in Lebanon and also in Lickdale. Loved the area, if I had a chance to work there again I wouldn't hesitate. Welcome to the forum, you'll love it here! I now live in Armstrong County. Welcome my friend! TOM

Back