• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Sacramento

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolasmom

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

I'm planning on getting back into shooting Lola, my .50 Tennessee rifle.(My mentor and I broke up.) You guys have all kinds of technical info which I'm hoping to learn a lot from. Meanwhile, can anyone give me some direction on how to connect with a group in my area? Thanks.

Welcome to the ML forum. Lots of info at yer fingertips here. Hopefully somebody from the Sac area will chime in as far as a club. GW

Hello Lolasmom. You might try the Brushy Creek Rangers. They're up near Yuba City and Marysville area. They sponsor a pretty good shoot every spring behind Beale Air Force Base.
There is also the Diablo Buckskinners outfit from the Mount Diablo area in Contra Costa County, Concord and Walnut Creek area.

Also there is the American River Muzzle Loaders (google it) as they shoot out at Brushy Creek, and may do other stuff.

If you ever get into the woods, then give me a shout. i'm up in Placerville and trek up in the Eldo. Nat. Forest. If you need more beta then just ask. i'll help you out any way that i can.

Welcome!!
:v

Greetings mom,

Good to have you in camp. Lots of mentoring to be had around here. :hatsoff:

Welcome aboard Lolasmom,Glad to have you in camp. I wish you well on your journey. Good Luck & Good Shootin' :hatsoff:

lolasmom,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have
another lady sign on.Hope you will visit often
and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Hey, thanks for the encouragement. I found El Dorado Gun Club online, and they have a black powder shoot on the third Sat. of each month, so I'm planning to go to that, next month, though since I'll be away this weekend. The woods sounds fantastic. Tell me more about your treks.

Welcome! I'm just outside of Sacramento in Rocklin, and I shoot at the Lincoln Rifle Club...maybe we should shoot sometime :wink:

lolasmom said:
Hey, thanks for the encouragement. I found El Dorado Gun Club online, and they have a black powder shoot on the third Sat. of each month, so I'm planning to go to that, next month, though since I'll be away this weekend. The woods sounds fantastic. Tell me more about your treks.

Lolasmom,

Eldo. rod&gun is a good range. On BP Saturday, Scotty is the range master and a great guy, full of info.
As far as woodsrunning, if you give me an email, i can send you pics of places close-by in each season, or, search my posts as ive posted pics on the board of Eldo. Nat. Forest, just SW of Lake Tahoe. A beautiful! place, but sort of rugged. K?
cheers, :v

I am in Sac also and new at this, there is the Yolo Frontloaders in between Davis and Woodland. They meet at the Yolo Sportsman Association and shoot once a month. This past Sunday was their last meeting at the range. Their next one is on the 21st of September...........Welcome, you like me and so many others will get lots of wisdom here and learn much...................Harold :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum; as you can tell already, this is a friendly, helpful bunch.

No luck on Brush Creek except in Texas and that's kind of far to go! None on American River Muzzle Loaders, either. Thanks for the leads, though.

Hi Lolasmom,

That was Brushy Creek. If you remember, we went to that rendevouz with Spanky Bankie, and his toothless friend.

Mt. Ranch Muzzleloaders puts on a nice rondy at RailRoad Flat on Oct. 10,11,12. It's about 50 miles SW of Sacratomato. :grin: GW

Back