• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from So Ca.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_mikee

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Brand new to the forum, and for the most part, new to Black Powder as well. Just found your forum, read a few posts and liked what I read, so here I am.

A little over 30 years ago I had a friend that had a flintlock long rifle , and went with him to an outdoor shooting area where we had a blast shooting it. That was a very long time ago and things have changed quite a bit since then. Now that I finally retired I am looking to get into shooting and perhaps I can even get my wife involved. She is small in stature, never shot a gun, and we get along well, so I think it is safe to teach her to shoot.

To that end, I just purchased my first BP pistol, an 1858 Rem Steel Target 44 caliber model from Cabelas. It came in the mail yesterday and boy did it get me all excited, even the wife thinks its pretty cool, but she has not seen the flames and smoke come out of it yet.

I know my wife would enjoy herself shooting a long rifle, not too sure about the pistol, but we are going to find out once I get all my supplies. I'm thinking the rifle would be less intimidating as she is further from the flames and smoke.

So thats it from me. Glad to be here, and looking forward to the sport of BP shooting......

cheers for now,

mike
PS: Any and all advice appreciated....

:thumbsup: Welcome Mike,may you and the wife enjoy the journey that so many have traveled before you.Whitney Point N.Y here.Griz

Welcome to you and your wife Mike and there is no doubt you will enjoy the MLF! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here.

Welcome; I'm glad to see you and your wife get involved in shooting M/L firearms. Just load that revolver with a mild load to get her started and to know what to expect. Pretty soon you will have an avid shooter on your hands.

Hi Celt

I would be interested in receiving more information on your next outing end of the month. We already have plans for the first week of May, so I might be able to attend end of April.

Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful at any attempt to receive email notification to any thread at this forum, but I can be reached at: [email protected]

thanks for the information,

mike

Latest posts

Back