• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from south central Pennsylvania

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericrutters

32 Cal.
Reaction score
hello everyone im from bedford county pennsylvania 31 yrs old and shoot a .50 traditions deerhunter flintlock that i recently acquired ive had it out two time so far (only had it a few days and its cold out) shooting 2" groups at 50 yds using a patched and buttered .495 round ball over a dry patch and 80 grns of geox fff ive been hunting since i could carry a gun but never with a bp gun

that was from a rest at a small target maybe 4" circle could barley see it under the front sight

:hatsoff: :thumbsup: Howdy and good ta have ya here.Ya got the fever now.Griz

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have another Pennsylvanian! Pittsburgh area here, but my family started off in Hopewell Township, Bedford County. :thumbsup:

i live in hopewell whats your family name its a small area around here i may know some of them

Welcome to black powder and the forum. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say,"We hope you enjoy your time here and shooting. Have fun and be safe!" :thumbsup:

ericrutters said:
i live in hopewell whats your family name its a small area around here i may know some of them

Small world! My last name is Banks, but my great Grandparents were also Reed's and McIlnay's. Supposedly Jack's Corner is named for my gggg-Grandfather, John McIlnay. I love Bedford County.
:)

i live about a half mile from jacks corner i know a few reeds around here i know bill reed lives on polecat hollow rd ever heard of the price farm or prices hill small world

ericrutters said:
i live about a half mile from jacks corner i know a few reeds around here i know bill reed lives on polecat hollow rd ever heard of the price farm or prices hill small world

Yea it is a small world! I'm afraid I don't know Bill Reed, but it's entirely possible he's a relative in some way. I haven't been to Bedford in quite some time, I'm gonna have to make a trip soon. Price's Hill does ring a bell though. Sure is some beautiful country around there! Is the Juniata Trading Company still running by Everett? I was in there once.
:thumbsup:

yes they are still in business and doing well thats where i get all my shooting supplies a little on the expensive side compared to others but they usually have anything you need its a one stop shop go in for one thing leave with four

Yea I remember that place, they had a bunch of stuff in there. Could walk out with a bunch of stuff! And tons of guns too.

Back