• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from SW Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,
My intro to BP was when I built a Lyman Great Plains .54 over Christmas in about 1992 because I didn't get a deer during deer shotgun season. Hunted off and on with that in the early years and then a Traditions Pursuit .50. Later I started loading BP into .45-70 for a Pedersoli 1874 Sharps and a Rossi Rio Grande. Got away from it for a while (growing kids). I'm retired now and decided to reduce the number of guns I have to only those I hunt or target shoot with. I kept the four above and plan to shoot them all this fall and go BP hunting in Dec 24 and Jan 25.
I am also thinking about getting a BP squirrel rifle. I need to hunt with all my other squirrel rifles first, so the BP squirrel rifle will have to wait for a while.
Budwell
Welcome from the North Coast..

Back